Having no internet has been a problem for posting to my blog but for those of you that may have been checking I am making time to write one while I am at school.
I have been here for about two weeks or a little more. I am starting to settle in and have bought a several things for my apartment here. It is a huge apartment. Three bedrooms and two baths. I think I can fit my apartment in Atlanta in the living room. However, it needs some love and have been working on sprucing the place up a little.
The town I live in is called Sariyer. It is a cute village on the Bosphorous and from campus you can see the black sea. If you went to Berry or have visited there...imagine the berry campus on top of lavendar mountain and put the black sea in the background and you have KOC university (see the last image here). Oh, and they also have a building here called the "Henry Ford Building."
The first Sunday here I went on a cruise down the Boshporous. I will share some pictures from my trip along with a picture from campus. Pictures are worth a thousand words so I will let them do the rest of the talking...but I won't leave you without some explanation of them.
The first two pictures are self explanatory, the third picture is of one of the bridges that goes from Europe to Asia, the fourth picture is of me and two of my colleagues on the boat down the Bosphorous, and the final picture is from campus when you first enter the gates.
Hope you have enjoyed this. E-mail me. I will find a way to check it.
10 comments:
Katy,
I got your message on my answering machine. I am sorry I was not there to talk to you.
The pictures on the blog are great and you look relaxed. I hope you are adjusting to the culture and the university atmosphere. Take care and keep the picture and blok coming! Viviana
nice pics
ZW
Katy,
Im so glad you finally posted something...I have been very curious about how things are going. I hope you are enjoying yourself. It's hard to believe you are so far away. Keep us posted!
Love
Patrice
Katy!!! I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are! Your pictures are beautiful -- looks like a gorgeous place. I am excited to keep up with you this way. Take care and have fun.
Katie,
Girl I am so sorry I missed your call. Hope you are adjusting. So much to tell you when I can email you directly. Things are still the same at the "BIG K-no no". How is school? and your students? I want to see as much as you can post.
Take care and I'm praying for you!
KATY!!
I am so happy to "see you" and I can not wait for more posts! Keep them coming as much as you can!! Three bedrooms.... we may have to talk, I think Delta goes there?!
I love you and miss you, you are in my thoughts, Mere
Hi,
I just wrote something and it dumped it. I am fine. Glad to see that you are better since our phone conversation. Mom and I went to Jacksonville and stayed in a hotel on the beach for 2 days. I had to help Will trade in his car. He got a BMW 234. It is not new, but gets better gas milage than his tahoe did. Loved the pictures. It looks neat and interesting. Tell us more about your job when you can.
Evelyn
Great Blog Katy! You are doing amazing things and the pictures are fabulous!
Karen
Hey girl you look fabulous and the pics are wonderful. I have kept up with you through your dad. He can't wait to tell everything that is going on with you. Mel got stopped for speeding but was able to talk her way out of the ticket, I don't know what I am gonna do about her. Sam got a car but she doesn't get her license until November. Hopefully she will be a better driver than Mel.
Well take care and we love ya.
Cindy
Hi Kate--
That picture with the cats is something else!!! WE will have to avoid that place when we visit. Great pictures.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment